Myanmar Customs Regulations
To know what you can bring into Myanmar and what you can bring back home as well being aware of the customs regulation of Myanmar, we highly recommend to spend time reading this article to avoid any mistake that may happen for your travel.
This is quoted from Myanmar Immigration Department, showing the declaration of rights and duty for travellers to Myanmar:
A foreigner may import "reasonable quantities" of household goods and personal effects into Myanmar duty free under the following conditions:
- He/she has diplomatic status or works for a legally registered foreign company or business cooperation.
- He/she obtains a letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs verifying his/her diplomatic status or, in the case of a non-diplomat, he/she obtains a valid visa and stay permit from the Ministry of Labor. If the above criteria are met, only one sea and one air shipment are permitted duty free.
- All foreigners, with the exception of diplomats, must pay duty on consumable items.
- All goods imported duty free by a foreigner must also be re-exported upon his or her eventual departure from Myanmar.
- The shipper must be in Myanmar at the time of clearance.
- All communications equipment, i.e., satellite dishes, fax machines, phones, switchboards, walkie-talkies, short-wave radios, etc., must have individual import permits from the Ministry of Post and Telecommunications prior to arrival. Moving companies are not authorized to represent any shipper in front of this Ministry. It is his or her responsibility to obtain these import permits.
- Any antiques imported should be declared to the Ministry of Information.
- List all electrical items separately, stating brand, model, and serial number.
- Goods prohibited from entering Myanmar include:
- Pornographic material
- Subversive literature
Never mix household goods and personal effects with commercial goods. Office furniture, stationary, and office machinery are considered commercial goods.
Only a diplomat may import a vehicle into Myanmar duty free.
For all other foreigners, duty will be assessed at approximately 300% of the new value of the vehicle.
Most pets, including dogs, cats, and birds, can be brought into Myanmar with no quarantine period required. The documents necessary at the time of import are a current health certificate (not more than 7 days old) and a current vaccination card. Pets may accompany passenger provided they are accompanied by a health certificate.
Additional Information on regulations:
All jewellery, electrical goods and cameras must be declared to customs at the airport. Video cameras will be kept in safe custody at the airport and will be returned on departure.
Basic security information for travelers to Myanmar
Travelling to the board area are restricted by Burma government. There are only a few legal crossing points. However these point might be closed by the government without notice.
Tachileik (Burma Shan State) – Mae Sai (northern Thailand border)
Kaw Thaung (Burma Tanintharyi) – Ranong-Kaw Thaung (southern Thailand border)
Muse (Burma Shan State) – Ruili (China border)
Tamu (Burma Chin State) – Morei (India border)
Foreign currencies: unlimited, provided declared upon arrival.
Additional information: Alien residents of Myanmar (including foreigners entering Myanmar on a visa for a period of stay exceeding six months) and nationals of Myanmar must change their imported foreign currencies within one month after arrival at an authorized dealer/money changer.
Personal Dutyfree Allowance
Portable amateur camera and its relevant accessories (1 Set)
Golf set not more than (15) sticks (1 Set)
Tennis Rackets or Badminton Rackets (2Nos)
Fishing rod with roller wheel, string, artificial bait and other accessories (1 Set)
Reasonable numbers of drugs prescribed by a doctor for personal use except prohibited drugs along the trip
Varieties of liquor not more than ( 2 liters)
Perfume not more than ( 150 ml)
Cigarette not more than ( 400 rolls)
Cigar not mare than (50 rolls)
Pipe tobacco not more than (250 gm)
Jewelleries permitted by Central Bank of Myanmar for Myanmar Citizens to take out on leaving Myanmar
Portable Audio player for passengers use (1 No)
Portable Video Camera, HD Cam, DV Cam for memorable recording and Spare part dry cell (1 Set)
Portable computer and its accessories (1 No)
Electrical and electronic goods for passengers not more than the value of USD 500
Unrecorded CD disc (Large) (6 Nos)
Unrecorded CD disc (Small) (12 Nos)
Unrecorded Mini disc (6 Nos)
Unrecorded video tape (6 Nos)
Unrecorded cassette tape (6 Nos)
Unrecorded tape for DV Cam, HD Cam (6 Nos)
Portable Data Storage Thumb Drive (2 Nos)
Goods for personal use, valued under USD 500 shall be exempted from Customs duties and taxes.
The following items brought in by the foreigners working for the Governmental organizations and foreign investment companies shall be exempted from customs duties and taxes for one year as temporary importation if the passenger produced a written undertaking, the goods will be taken out on their departure within one year.
(a) VCR (or) DVD player (1 No)
(b) TV (1 No)
(c) Portable Radio (or) Cassette (except Home Theatre) (1 No)
(d) Laptop computer (or) Notebook (1 No)
(e) Operational Tools and equipment
Personal belongings of the deceased will also be granted allowance as a passenger.
OUR SERVICE ADVANTAGES
- Guranteed you will have visa or refund !
- Secured & private online application, payment system
- Best solutions for different countries
- Get Visa Letter fast in 4 hours
- We work 365 days a year